A telehandler is a type of construction equipment that is becoming increasingly popular due to its versatility. It is often found on construction sites and is used for various tasks, such as lifting and moving materials, loading trucks, and operating various attachments.
The cost of a telehandler can vary depending on the size and model. The average cost of a telehandler is between $30,000 and $100,000. If you are looking to finance a telehandler, there are a few options available to you. In this article, we will discuss the cost of a telehandler and how to finance one.
What Does a Telehandler Do?
A telehandler, short for telescopic handler, is a machine that is used for a variety of tasks on construction sites. They are commonly used to move and lift heavy loads, but they can also be used for other tasks, such as digging holes and acting as a crane. Typically, a telehandler will have a bucket or other attachment type that can be used for these activities.
Types of Telehandlers
There are many different types and sizes of telehandlers available on the market. The type of telehandler that you need will depend on the specific purpose that you will be using it for. Some of the most popular types of telehandlers include:
- Compact Telehandlers: These are smaller in size and weight and are typically used in tighter spaces. They are also easy to transport from one job site to another.
- Standard Telehandlers: These are the most common type of telehandler and can be used for a variety of tasks. They come in a variety of sizes, so you can choose one that is best suited for your needs.
- Heavy-Duty Telehandlers: These are larger and more powerful telehandlers that are typically used for more heavy-duty tasks. They can usually lift heavier loads and are often used in industrial settings.
How Much Does a Telehandler Cost?
The price of a telehandler can vary depending on the size, model, and features that you choose. A basic telehandler can start at around $30,000, but the price can go up to $100,000 or more for a top-of-the-line model. Factors that can affect the price of telehandlers for sale include:
- The size of the telehandler
- The type of telehandler
- The brand
- The features and attachments
- The dealer/provider
Pricing ranges of popular telehandler brands:
- Caterpillar: $30,000 – $100,000
- JCB: $32,500 – $60,000
- Bobcat: $35,000 – $45,000
- Komatsu: $37,500 – $85,000
- Genie: $40,000 – $48,000
- Merlot: $42,000 – $49,000
- Yell: $44,000 – $46,000
The price of a telehandler can also vary depending on whether you are buying it new or used. Used telehandlers will typically be less expensive than buying a new one, but they may not have all the features that you want or need. It is important to do your research to find the best deal on a telehandler for sale.
Why Finance a Telehandler?
There are a few different reasons why you may want to finance a telehandler:
- You may not have the upfront cash to pay for the telehandler outright.
- Financing can help you budget for the cost of the telehandler over time.
- You can get a tax deduction for business equipment financing.
- You may be able to get a lower interest rate by financing.
- You can preserve your working capital for other business expenses.
The advantages of financing a telehandler (or any other type of equipment) can help you to make the best decision for your company. You can also look into telehandler rental or leasing if you are not ready to make a purchase.
How To Finance a Telehandler
When you are ready to finance a telehandler, there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Get pre-approved for financing before you start shopping. This will give you a better idea of how much you can afford to spend on a telehandler.
- Compare interest rates and terms from different lenders. You want to ensure that you get the best deal possible on your financing.
- Read the fine print. Be sure you understand all of the terms and conditions of your financing agreement before you sign anything.
The steps in obtaining telehandler financing are simple and straightforward. The best way to finance a telehandler is through an equipment financing company like Charter Capital. Our expert financial brokers can help you to get the best financing terms available so that you can focus on running your business.
Charter Capital Can Help You Finance Your Telehandler
A telehandler can be a valuable piece of equipment for your business, but it is important to do your research before you buy one. Make sure that you know how much you can afford to spend and what features you need. Financing can be a great option if you don’t have the cash to pay for the telehandler outright.
Charter Capital can help you to get the financing that you need so that you can focus on running your business. We have been helping small to medium-sized business owners like yourself succeed for the last 40 years. Contact us today for more information.