Are you looking for a skidder to help with your commercial logging business? If so, then financing is likely something that you’ll need to consider.
Log skidder financing can be complicated, but it doesn’t have to be. With this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through the process of understanding skidder financing and securing the best deal possible. We’ll cover everything from the basics of taking out skidder loans to tips on how to get the best deal.
What Is A Log Skidder Used For?
Log skidders are heavy-duty tractors with a winch and skidding claw attached to the front. They’re used to skid or drag logs out of hard-to-reach areas, like hillsides or forests, so loggers can access them more easily. Log skidders are powerful machines that allow loggers to quickly and efficiently skid logs for commercial use.
They are typically used in commercial logging operations and come in sizes ranging from skid steers to large skidders. For example, skidders with a capacity of up to 10 tons are commonly used for roadside skidding, while skidders with a capacity of up to 30 tons are used for full-tree skidding.
How Much Do Log Skidders Cost?
Log skidders can range in price depending on the size, type, and features. Generally speaking, skid steers cost anywhere from $20,000 to $50,000, while large skidders can cost up to $150,000 or more. The cost of skidders can be affected by the age and condition of the skidder, as well as any additional features that may be included, such as a skidding claw or winch.
Here are the costs of some of the leading skidder brands:
- Tigercat skidders – $50,000 to $150,000
- John Deere skidders – $30,000 to $100,000
- CAT skidders – $50,000 to $150,000
- Komatsu skidders – $20,000 to $90,000
- Kubota skidders – $20,000 to $90,000
As you can see, skidder prices can vary significantly. It’s important to research skidders thoroughly to find the best equipment for your needs and budget.
How Do You Get Log Skidder Financing?
To get skidder financing, you’ll need to work with a lender that offers skidder loans. Most banks and credit unions have loan programs specifically designed for skidders, so it’s important to shop around and compare interest rates and terms.
When applying for skidder financing, lenders will typically ask for the following documents:
- A detailed skidder purchase contract
- Proof of income, such as pay stubs or tax returns
- Bank statements from the past two months
- Proof of insurance for skidding equipment
- Collateral, such as real estate or other assets, to secure the loan
Once you’ve gathered all of the necessary documents, you can begin the skidder financing process. Charter Capital is a professional broker that can help you find the best skidder or equipment loan for your business. Contact us today for inquiries.
Tips for Securing Log Skidder Financing
When it comes to skidder financing, there are a few tips that can help you secure the best deal possible. Here are some of our top tips:
- Shop around for the best skidder loan: Different lenders have different interest rates and terms, so it’s important to compare them.
- Negotiate skidder pricing with the dealer: Many skidder dealers are willing to negotiate prices, so it pays to ask for a better deal.
- Check skidder reviews: Before you commit to a skidder, it’s important to read reviews and make sure the equipment you’re considering is reliable and of high quality.
- Have your paperwork in order: Having all of the necessary documents ready when applying for financing will help speed up the process.
- Get pre-approved: Getting pre-approved for skidder financing will give you more negotiating power when purchasing your machine.
Finding the right equipment loan provider for skidders can be tricky. That’s where Charter Capital comes in. We have access to a network of skidder financing lenders that offer competitive interest rates and terms to help you get the most out of your skidding equipment.
Get Help From Charter Capital
Charter Capital is a commercial finance broker that has been helping businesses of all sizes with equipment and technology leases and loans. Our team of experts will work with you every step of the way to ensure that you get the best loan for your business.
Contact us for more information on getting started.