Farm Equipment Financing: Fund Equipment for Your Farm
Helping agri-business owners find the right farm equipment financing solutions to meet their growth and expansion needs.
Farm Equipment Financing
With over 40 years of experience providing equipment financing support to business owners looking to start or grow their farms, Charter Capital has a deep understanding of the entrepreneur’s experience. From bedding down a business plan to finding the right machinery to get started, we have seen agri-business owners go through each stage of their journey. We are proud to have contributed to the growth of hundreds of ventures by connecting them with the right lending partners who can support them every step of the way.
Financing farm equipment is not easy, especially as prices range from the tens of thousands to the millions — but it doesn’t have to be a daunting process. Our experienced financial brokers can take care of finding the best financing provider with easy farm equipment financing terms, so you can worry less about getting the funds and focus more on finding ways to grow.
Some examples of farm equipment that we’ve helped finance include:
- Field harvesters
- Skid steer loaders
- Milling machines
- Farm tractors
- Front-end loaders
- Conveyor belts
- Seeders, chutes, and cultivators
- Bulldozers and excavators
- Dump trucks
- Forklift and warehouse machines
- Material handling machines
- Precision tools, cutters, and grinders
- Machine tools
Interested in learning how to finance equipment for your farm? The knowledgeable team at Charter Capital can help you through the whole process of securing a farm equipment loan. With over 20 trusted lenders in our network, our experienced financial brokers can help find the perfect financing provider that meets your needs and budget. We have built strong relationships with our lending partners through the years, so you can go forward with confidence knowing that you are in good hands.
Some of our customers...
- are interested in the lowest rate.
- are interested in a specific tax treatment.
- want to avoid breaching existing lending covenants.
- are interested in the longest term.
- are interested in getting reimbursed for equipment they have already paid for.
- want seasonal or other cyclical structures.
- want to finance software.
- want us to give the seller a deposit before the equipment is shipped.
All of our customers want a fair deal at a fair price and no surprises.
Applying for Farm Equipment Financing
We know that finding funds to obtain your agri-business equipment can be challenging, especially as farm machinery costs can run up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is why we created easy to fulfill and reliable financing programs that can be tailored to suit your requirements. The steps to apply for farm equipment financing support is easy with Charter Capital:
- Fill out our online form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Submit requirements: Documentary requirements depend on the type of equipment financing services you are seeking. These typically include:
- a completed and signed Credit Application form,
- copies of your business bank account for the last three months,
- a description of the farm equipment you are seeking, and
- information on the equipment seller or vendor.
- Your dedicated financial broker will discuss the best financing options available and connect you with the perfect lending partner.
- If approved, you can obtain the funds in as fast as 24 hours.
Charter Capital helps in obtaining farm equipment loans in amounts of $10,000 to $1,000,000, and requirements will depend on the amount sought.
Should You Buy or Lease Farm Equipment?
If you have a more established business with predictable operational needs, it makes sense to buy your machines outright in cash or through equipment financing. This applies to agricultural machinery that have a long useful life that you foresee taking advantage of for the next 10 years. The investment will be higher, as you will be purchasing the unit outright, but if it’s a regular part of your operations, its benefits will eventually surpass the initial cost.
Typically, with farm equipment financing, you will be asked to shell out 10% to 20% of the unit’s price as a down payment, while the rest will be placed on a repayment program with your chosen lender.
Meanwhile, if you only see yourself using the machine in the short term, signing up for a lease is the more practical choice. Leasing is equivalent to renting because you only pay for the use of the machine for a specific period before returning it to the provider. There’s no initial investment necessary. When your lease contract is over, you can ask your provider to switch out your unit with another one (additional costs apply) or purchase it at its depreciated price.
In the case of large farm equipment, financing might be the better option because of their long useful life. But if you’re unsure about your decision or how to go about the next steps of obtaining funding, the financing specialists at Charter Capital can offer different solutions and scenarios to help you make a decision.
Easy Farm Equipment Financing With Charter Capital
We’ve helped hundreds of agricultural entrepreneurs find the right financing products to either start a new business or scale their current operations. We know that farm machines are expensive, but we also know that there are easy and affordable ways to get small businesses the equipment they need without stripping their bottom line. Our team can do the same for you.
Contact Charter Capital today to learn more about financing farm equipment and how to connect with providers that offer affordable solutions.